A series of new Autodesk 123D memberships and premium bundles became available for the first time today, as Autodesk and MakerBot have partnered to market 3D design software and 3D printing hardware, making 3D printing at home more accessible to everyone.
Autodesk and MakerBot previously announced that the companies would jointly market a combination of 3D design software and 3D printing hardware to engineers, designers, architects, makers, creators and artists. A new 123D Premium bundle that includes the MakerBot® Replicator® 2 Desktop 3D Printer and a new 3D Print Utility accessible from the 123D apps is the result of that partnership, and optimizes the design-to-print process for the 123D community. Users can choose from three different membership options including a free membership, a premium membership and a premium bundle.
The Free Membership offerings include:
- Access to the Autodesk 123D family of apps, free 3D models for download through the 123D web gallery, the option to save creations to the cloud, and the ability to share projects and designs with the 123D community.
The new 123D Premium Membership options include:
- A one-year Premium Membership is available for $99.99 and includes a $40 promo code toward the purchase of a MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer through 123Dapp.com, one free 3D print from the 123D 3D print service, an Instructables Pro account, 10 premium model downloads per month from the 123D Gallery, and the ability to create 2D layouts (.dwg) from 123D Design models.
- A two-year Premium Membership is available for $189.99 includes a $90 promo code toward the purchase of a MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer through 123Dapp.com, as well as the other benefits of the one year membership.
The new 123D Premium Membership Bundle is offered in the following packages:
- A 1-year Premium Bundle with MakerBot Replicator 2 is available for $2,249.99 and includes a 123D exclusive MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer with a custom faceplate, plus an additional 1kg spool of White PLA Filament (ships in approximately 2 weeks). It also includes all the benefits of a Premium Membership.
- A 2-year Premium Bundle with MakerBot Replicator 2 is available for $2,299.99 and includes a 123D exclusive MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer with a custom faceplate plus three additional 1kg spools of PLA Filament – White, Natural and Red (ships in approximately 2 weeks) and the same benefits of a Premium Membership.
The new Autodesk 3D Print Utility will be available tomorrow within the Autodesk 123D Catch, 123D Design and 123D Make Windows desktop apps, as well as from models posted to the 123D website Gallery. With the 3D Print Utility, users have the option to optimize their model to help reduce material use and print time, before printing the model on the MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer. The 3D Print Utility will be appearing within additional 123D apps in the immediate future.
The Autodesk 123D family of apps—which includes 123D Catch, 123D Creature, 123D Design, 123D Make, and 123D Sculpt—provides users with the ability to capture, design and make their ideas, and connect with other makers for support or inspiration. According to MakerBot, the MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer is its easiest, fastest, and most affordable tool for creating 3D prints, setting a new standard in resolution and accuracy for creating high quality models.
Sign up for an Autodesk 123D membership today for more features, more making and more fun!